Bellator 162 takes place Friday Oct. 21 from the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tennessee.
Headlining the card is a middleweight matchup between former Bellator champion Alexander Shlemenko and Kendall Grove.
Shlemenko makes his return to the Bellator cage for the first time in more than a year. He most recently fought for Bellator in February 2015, defeating Melvin Manhoef in what was overturned into a No Contest after failing a post-fight drug test with elevated testosterone levels. He was given a three-year suspension by the California State Athletic Commission, but had the ban lifted in July 2016.
“Storm” has fought twice in Russia since his suspension, winning both contests via decision and third-round submission. He’s 0-2 with one no contest in his last three performances with Bellator, losing to Tito Ortiz and Brandon Halsey.
Grove, meanwhile finds himself riding a two-fight winning streak at 185 pounds. The former UFC veteran most recently defeated Francisco France via second-round knockout, following up a third-round TKO win over Joey Beltran from last September.
Results for Bellator 162 can be found below:
Undercard (Spike.com at 7 p.m. ET):
- Virgil Zwicker def. Dan Charles via TKO (Round 2, 4:31)
- Chase Gormley def. Bobby Brents via split decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- Steve Garcia def. Ronnie Lawrence via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27 x 2)
- Ricky Rainey def. Gilbert Smith via unanimous decision (29-28 x 3)
- Julia Budd def. Arlene Blencowe via majority decision (29-29, 30-27, 29-27)
Main Card (Spike TV at 9 p.m. ET):
- Hisaki Kato def. A.J. Matthews via TKO (Round 1, 4:58)
- Goiti Yamauchi def. Ryan Couture via submission (Round 1, 1:01)
- Bobby Lashley def. Josh Appelt via submission (Round 2, 1:43)
- Alexander Shlemenko def. Kendall Grove via TKO (Round 2, 1:43)