Bellator 163 takes place Friday, Nov. 4 from the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
Headlining the card is a light heavyweight championship match between titleholder Liam McGeary and former UFC light heavyweight contender Phil Davis.
McGeary comes into the bout with a perfect record at 11-0. The 6-foot-6 Englishman is looking to step into the Bellator cage for the first time in over a year, 14 months removed from his first title defense against former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz. McGeary has also defeated former Bellator champion Emmanuel Newton, dethroning the then-titleholder with a five-round unanimous decision.
Davis, meanwhile, looks to cap off an impressive run since joining the Bellator ranks in 2015. Davis won the company’s four-man, one-night light heavyweight tournament, submitting Newton and knocking out Francis Carmont on the same night last September. He followed up the win with a unanimous decision over Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal in May at Bellator 154.
Results for the card can be found below.
Preliminary Card (Spike.com at 6:50 p.m. ET)
- Tyrell Fortune def. Cody Miskell via TKO (Round 1, 2:22)
- Ed Ruth def. Dustin Collins-Miles via TKO (Round 1, 3:19)
- Vinicius de Jesus def. James Boran via submission (Round 2, 1:55)
- Hannah Regina Merullo def. Sarah Payant via submission (Round 1, 4:51)
- Carlos Correia def. Ilya Kotau via split decision (30-27 x 2, 28-29)
- Tim Caron def. Mike Zichelle via TKO (Round 2, 1:22)
- Tyler King def. Josh Diekmann via submission (Round 2, 1:19)
Main Card (Spike TV at 9 p.m. ET)
- Neiman Gracie def. Rudy Bears via submission (Round 1, 4:39)
- Javy Ayala def. Sergei Kharitonov via KO (Round 1, 0:16)
- Brennan Ward def. Saad Awad via TKO (Round 1, 1:21)
- Phil Davis def. Liam McGeary (c) via unanimous decision (50-43, 50-44, 50-45)