Gegard Mousasi will get his chance to avenge his most recent loss inside the Octagon.
The rising middleweight contender is expected to face Uriah Hall in the headlining slot at UFC Fight Night 99 Nov. 19 from the SSE Arena in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The bout was first reported by MMA Fighting, which also confirmed the original headliner between Gunnar Nelson and Dong Hyun Kim has since been scrapped now that “Gunni” is dealing with an injury.
Mousasi comes into the bout riding a three-fight winning streak inside the UFC. He most recently defeated former UFC light heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort via second-round TKO at UFC 204 earlier this month. The win over Belfort followed a first-round TKO victory over Thiago Santos at UFC 200 in July. “The Dreamcatcher” hasn’t lost since dropping a second-round TKO loss to Hall at UFC Fight Night 75 last September. Mousasi was actually winning that bout before he was clipped with a perfectly timed spinning back kick to the head.
Hall, meanwhile, has struggled since defeating Mousasi in Japan. “Primetime” followed up the win with a unanimous decision loss against Robert Whittaker at UFC 193. Hall last fought against Derek Brunson at UFC Fight Night 94 in September, dropping a first-round TKO to the hard-hitting Jackson-Wink fighter.
A complete list of bouts for UFC Fight Night 99 can be found below:
- Gegard Mousasi vs. Uriah Hall
- Ross Pearson vs. James Krause
- Timothy Johnson vs. Alexander Volkov
- Artem Lobov vs. Teruto Ishihara
- Ian McCall vs. Neil Seery
- Magnus Cedenblad vs. Jack Marshman
- Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Ali Bagautinov
- Kevin Lee vs. Magomed Mustafaev
- Anna Elmose vs. Amanda Cooper
- Justin Ledet vs. Mark Godbeer
- Zak Cummings vs. Alexander Yakovlev
- Marion Reneau vs. Milana Dudieva