UFC Fight Night 98 takes place Saturday, Nov. 5 from the Mexico City Arena in Mexico City.
Headlining the contest is a lightweight matchup between former champion Rafael dos Anjos and streaking contender Tony Ferguson.
Dos Anjos comes into the bout looking to bounce back from a TKO loss to Eddie Alvarez that forced him to relinquish the crown in July. Prior to the loss, dos Anjos had authored an impressive five-fight run that saw him defeat former UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson, former title challenger Nate Diaz, then-champion Anthony “Showtime” Pettis and Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone.
Ferguson, meanwhile, looks to become the first lightweight fighter in UFC history to win nine consecutive contests insid the Octagon. Ferguson was last seen defeating promotional newcomer Lando Vannatta at UFC Fight Night 91. He’s previously defeated Edson Barboza, Josh Thomson, Abel Trujillo and Danny Castillo.
Debuting Saturday is former Invicta FC standout Alexa Grasso and former Bellator lightweight title contender Marcin Held.
Results for UFC Fight Night 98 can be found below.
Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET):
- Enrique Barzola def. Chris Avila via unanimous decision (30-26 x 3)
- Marco Polo Reyes def. Jason Novelli via split decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- Sam Alvey def. Alex Nicholson via unanimous decision (29-28 x 3)
Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET):
- Douglas Silva de Andrade def. Henry Briones via TKO (Round 3, 2:33)
- Max Griffin def. Erick Montano via TKO (Round 1, 0:54)
- Joe Soto def. Marco Beltran via submission (Round 1, 1:37)
- Erick Perez def. Felipe Arantes via split decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
Main Card (FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET):
- Alexa Grasso def. Heather Jo Clark via unanimous decision (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
- Beneil Dariush def. Rashid Magomedov via unanimous decision (30-27 x 29-28)
- Martin Bravo def. Claudio Puelles via TKO (Round 2, 1:55)
- Ricardo Lamas def. Charles Oliveira via submission (Round 2, 2:13)
- Diego Sanchez def. Marcin Held via unanimous decision (29-28 x 2, 29-27)
- Tony Ferguson def. Rafael dos Anjos via unanimous decision (48-47 x 3)