The UFC is launching a new reality series set to focus on the introduction of new Octagon Girls, per Pilgrim Media Group.
Dubbed an “unscripted series” on the POP TV Network, the program will feature the newest ringside models and their new careers with the UFC.
Producers are seeking models who fit the following criteria:
- Are at least 21 years of age and live in Southern California
- Have a fit and athletic body type
- Are legally able to work and live in the United States
- Have never appeared in pornographic material
- Are not contractually tied to any other combat sports promotion
- Can attend scheduled auditions in North Hollywood during the week of October 24 and film a presentation for the show in mid-November.
Models selected for the show will film a non-union presentation at a rate of $500. Those picked to be on the series will then receive a contract with the UFC, as well as an appearance fee for the program.
The UFC currently lists 11 women on its website, including Jhenny Andrade, Luciana Andrade, Carly Baker, Chrissy Blair, Arianny Celeste, Red Dela Cruz, Jamilette Gaxiola, Vanessa Hanson, Rachelle Leah, Camila Oliveira and Brittney Palmer. While Palmer and Celeste seem to be the resident models for events in Las Vegas, a handful of the other ladies are often only seen when the UFC visits foreign countries, such as Brazil, China or the Philippines.
Many of the UFC’s Octagon girls have gone on to model for famous publications such as Maxim, Playboy, FHM and Sports Illustrated.