Monday Night Raw aired live from Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee. And instead of a controversial promo, we were given two Divas matches, along with several backstage interviews.
Both matches included only former NXT competitors — which means it took four months but the Divas Revolution has actually begun to make some progress. There was a condensed version of Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch — shorter than their previous Takeover and Main Event bouts — as well as a rematch between Paige and Charlotte.
Here’s a look at WWE’s Divas rankings after the Nov. 23 edition of Raw:
5. Bayley: Oh Bayley, you were on such a roll with stellar matches during the past few months. Now you have the task of matching up “VERSE” Eva Marie for the NXT Women’s Championship. Well, being that the internet hasn’t exploded, it’s safe to spoil last week’s taping results. Bayley prevented the “inevable” — also an Eva Marie promo botch — by reclaiming her championship, but it seems like her days in NXT may be coming to an end as she’s already proven her right to be called up and has nothing left to prove in developmental.
4. Becky Lynch: So the internet did what it always does and played detective last week. I guess someone noticed that Becky Lynch’s tweets were being sent out from her native Ireland, even after most other superstars decided to travel back to the states for their time off after the European tour. So the rumors started that she was going to “miss shows” and be out until late December, which she downplayed via Twitter and by showing up for her match against Sasha Banks on Monday. Despite coming up short due to outside interference, Lynch provided us with this gem afterward that may have added fuel to her rivalry with Banks.
True story pic.twitter.com/DdGbWOfHfz
— Becky Lynch (@BeckyLynchWWE) November 24, 2015
3. Paige: Paige lost clean to Charlotte at Survivor Series via tapout. Or did she? According to video evidence, Charlotte’s arm was — barely — under the bottom rope when she locked in the Figure Eight which — despite really giving her no advantage — is against kayfabe rules. Paige did get her rematch which resulted in a double countdown and her giving Charlotte the PTO on the announce table. Which begs the question again, “Does her submission hold really hurt more on an announce table?” Anyway, Paige is now playing the heel who makes excuses after losing a match. Still, she’ll remain at least in contention for the Divas Championship.
2. Sasha Banks: Perhaps it’s wishful thinking, but did WWE lay the foundation for a Sasha Banks-Charlotte Divas Championship match? After her victory over Lynch, Michael Cole hinted at Banks being a potential No. 1 contender for the title. Like Roman Reigns, WWE is keen on getting the most out of Charlotte as its top babyface. Her best matches have all come against Banks and that is what fans want to see.
1. Charlotte: No surprise, Charlotte retained her Divas Championship following the controversial segment that ended last week’s Raw. She continued to look like the division’s strongest Diva, even despite Paige’s post-match beat down. Hopefully WWE will get the most out of her reign by booking her against her fellow NXT alums which should lead to better in-ring chemistry.