Bellator makes its way back to San Jose, California for the second time in 2015, only this time it won’t be bringing its friends from GLORY Kickboxing with it.
Headlining Bellator 147 is a lightweight matchup between former Strikeforce 155-pound champion Josh Thomson and Pablo Villaseca, as both men look to make their second appearance under the Bellator banner.
Thomson last fought at Bellator: Dynamite I, stopping Mike Bronzoulis in a third-round submission in front of about 10,000 people at the SAP Center. It was Thomson’s first victory since an April 2013 win over Nate Diaz at UFC on FOX 7. “The Punk” is 2-3 in his last five outings, with two of his losses coming in close split decisions against Benson Henderson and Bobby Green.
At 10-1, Chile’s Villaseca doesn’t have quite the resume Thomson has. A majority of his victories have come inside of regional promotions, and his only loss came in a relative step-up in competition at Bellator 139 this June.
Also featured on the card is a featherweight matchup between perennial top contenders Georgi Karakhanyan and Daniel Weichel. A victory for either man could potentially secure a title shot against newly crowned champion Daniel Straus, who unseated former titleholder Patricio “Pitbull” Freire in a five-round unanimous decision in November.
Be sure to check out Today’s Knockout’s predictions for Bellator 147.
Results for the event will be updated periodically:
Undercard (Spike.com at 7:40 p.m. ET):
- Anthony Do vs. Dustin Moore
- Adin Duenas vs. Anthony Taylor
- Jose Perez vs. Bronson Mohika
- Alvin Cacdac vs. Jeremiah Labiano
- Thomas Diagne vs. Erick Sanchez
- Nick Barnes def. James Terry via submission (Round 1, 2:48)
- Gabriel Carrasco def. Khomkrit Niimi via TKO (Round 1, 3:19)
- Brandon Hester def. Idris Wasi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-25, 30-24)
- A.J. McKee def. J.T. Donaldson via TKO (Round 1, 3:19)
Main Card (Spike TV at 9 p.m. ET):
- Adam Piccolotti def. Mario Soto via submission (Round 2, 3:25)
- Brian Rogers def. Virgil Zwicker via submission (Round 2, 4:38)
- Derek Anderson def. Patricky Freire via split decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- Daniel Weichel def. Georgi Karakhanyan via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
- Josh Thomson def. Pablo Villaseca via TKO (Round 2, 3:59)