World Series of Fighting makes its way to the Comerica Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona Friday, Nov. 20 for WSOF 25.
Featuring by former UFC and Strikeforce lightweight Jason High in his promotional debut against Estevan Payan, WSOF 25 will be headlined by the two men atop an eight-man, one-night tournament as the promotion looks to find the next contender for Justin Gaethje’s 155-pound title.
As the tournament unfolded, it was clear injuries would take a toll on the outcome, as Mike Ricci and Islam Mamedov would not be able to continue on in the tournament. Quarterfinal loser, Brian Foster, would advance and defeat Luis Palomino in the second round. Coincidentally enough, Foster would face Joao Zeferino in the tournament final — the same man who defeated him hours earlier in the opening round of the tournament. Foster exacted his revenge, stopping Zeferino in the second round to secure his title shot against WSOF lightweight champion Justin Gaethje.
Results for the event will be updated throughout the night:
Preliminary Card (Online at 8 p.m. ET)
- Roberto Young def. Jimmy Scully via TKO (Round 1, 1:11)
- Joseph Barajas vs. Erik Villalobos
- LaRue Burley vs. Ramil Mustapayev (Tournament reserve bout)
- Mike Ricci def. Joe Condon via TKO (Round 1 2:41) (Tournament quarterfinal)*
- Islam Mamedov def. Jorge Patino via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)(Tournament quarterfinal)*
- Joao Zeferino def. Brian Foster via submission (Round 1, 1:46) (Tournament quarterfinal)
- Luis Palomino def. Rich Patishnock via KO (Round 1, 4:55) (Tournament quarterfinal)
*Mamedov and Ricci could not continue, allowing Patino and Foster to advance to semifinal round.
Main Card (NBCSN at 11 p.m. ET)
- Joao Zeferino def. Jorge Patino via submission (Round 1, 1:24) (Tournament semifinal)
- Brian Foster def. Luis Palomino via TKO (Round 1, 4:19) (Tournament semifinal)
- Jason High def. Estevan Payan via TKO (Round 2, 0:47)
- Brian Foster def. Joao Zeferino via TKO (Round 2, 4:51) (Tournament final)