Blinds as window treatments are of great functions, they primarily aid in blocking the light, keep the room clean and provide privacy. When you want to have durability and long life of your blinds, you need proper cleaning too for a clean and fresh look. We always clean our windows but forget to take care of our window coverings which is essential to maintain. This is why you should know how to clean these blinds. Follow the steps,
- When you want simple cleaning, start with closing the blinds completely, and avoid any overlapping of the slates in case the material of the blind is aluminum or vinyl.
- Then hold the blind from the bottom to stabilize them and use the cloth to wipe them.
- Wipe down the edges so that the dust gets exposed to be easily vacuumed.
- Now flip the blinds to the other side and repeat the cleaning process with the cloth and vacuum.
- If simple cleaning is not looking clean enough, use the cloth damped with warm water to clean the slates.
- Make sure to use this carefully if the Venetian blinds are made of wood, avoid making them too wet.
Do you need Venetian blinds deep cleaning? It is preferred to lightly clean them every day to delay the deep cleaning phase. But in some hard-to-reach places dust accumulates that can only be clean by deep cleaning. You will need a vacuum cleaner with attached soft brushes. Second, you need cloth pieces, preferably microfiber. You also need to have a liquid dishwasher, lukewarm water in a small tub, and baking soda
- Take down the Venetian blinds and an ideal place to clean them is a bathtub also make sure to cover the edges with a towel to avoid any scratches.
- Fill the tub with enough water and then add the cleaning solution of your choice to it.
- Let the blinds get soaked into it for about 2 hours, then use a soft brush the scrub off the dirt and grease on the hard ends.
- After cleaning properly dip the blinds into clean water and rinse them in the shower to clean off all the loose dirt.
- If the bathtub is not accommodating your Venetian blinds you can take them outdoors.
- Hang them on the fence or take them out on the driveway.
- You need to place it up on a sheet or a blanket to protect the blinds, making sure no extra dirt is added.
- Use a soft brush, warm water, and an appropriate cleaning solution for the blinds and scrub them gently.
- Scrubbing will aid in loosening up the dirt which is then rinsed with clean water.
- Rinse multiple times with clean water to clear all the dirt and cleaning solution from the blind.
- After cleaning hang them in a space where no new dirt can be accumulated to it. Let it dry, then hang in its place again.
These methods are not limited to only Venetian blinds, you can use these methods for any of the blinds you have.