Investing in a car is as important as saving its appearance for the upcoming years. The stone chips, debris or even the constant heat and temperature are a huge hindrance to keep up the glow of the paint finish. For that, the paint protection films and the surface protectant films are the very right option to invest in. But that is also a solution that does not last long unless proper care is taken to keep it in a good shape. The chips and scratches would make your car look uglier, de-valuate it and bring in nasty rust patches. Here are few tips as to how you can protect them.
- It is advisable to wrap your car’s bodywork with clear film vinyl. This is going to ultimately protect the surface from chips, debris or even worse and heavier scratches. This can be wrapped to any car panel and must be done by professional installers only. It is cheap and lasts long.
- Buy high-quality car paint sealants. They act like car wax and leave a much long impacting safety to protect against scratches and chip marks. They are far easier to apply and can be paired with paint sealants to help them get more durable.
- Keep waxing your car regularly. This when done, would not require any additional sealant. The layer of wax over the PPF will help keep the chipping and scratches at bay, even when you are washing it.
- You can try using plastic door-edge protectors. The door edges are the surfaces that incur the most amount of scratches. Even a PPF cannot save the scratches it receives from against walls or posts. Plastic slip-on door-edge protectors can be applied over the existing films to provide added durability and safety. They do not cost a huge amount and can instantly be removed.
- Bumpers and door rubber strips are another added safety form in addition to the PPFs. This is how the car’s bodywork will be extremely safeguarded from any possible dents or scuff. You can easily stick them across your car’s bumpers and below the bottom side. They can also be removed or peeled off as and when required.
If you need professional help to keep your car’s appearance safe, contact the team of Proshield pellicule pare pierre who would be looking into your entire protection project. You can also choose among the best stone barrier films of the highest quality.