RoHS is popularly the acronym for Restriction of Hazardous Substances that have found its origin in the European Union. This compliance clarifies and checks the presence of hazardous materials in electronic as well as electric product manufactures. The law has become stricter and demands every product marketed in the EU to pass the requirements it states. Any restricted material usage has been checked and stopped for the safety of both nature as well as the users.
Let us understand the materials that RoHS restricts.
- Hexavalent chromium
What is the importance of compliance?
There are various impactful behaviors restricted materials can pose when used. These impacts can be stated like:
- Excess exposure to lead is going to dreadfully impact your lungs, skin as well as flow within your blood to lead to situations like cancer.
- Exposure to lead, mercury or other compounds can severely pollute the water bodies as well as the air around the plant.
- They are hazardous when the e-waste is dumped in landfills.
- The occupational hazards of these compound manufacturing are also pretty high and so recycling becomes difficult.
Having the RoHS compliance is going to save both the users as well as your company from any hazards. The compliance guidelines are going to help you produce quality products that will be easily sold off to any nation of your choice.
How can companies get compliance?
The compliance guidelines are very specific and the products need to be scanned through portable RoHS analyzers. These are also known as X-ray fluorescence or XRF metal analyzers which particularly aim to screen and verify the products.
Certain steps are followed to get the certification like:
- Documentation reviews- Certain documents like review bills of materials, material declarations, assembly drawings, test reports, and conformance certificates are reviewed thoroughly.
- Audits- The manufacturing processes are inspected to meet all the compliance guidelines.
- Testing- The XRF on-site portable testing is done to understand the presence or absence of the six restricted RoHS substances.
- Certification- The RoHS certificate gets issued only upon completing the audit.
Getting the ROHS certification has gotten even easier with Enviropass, which masters this sphere of certification registration. You get to meet all of the requirements within the stipulated amount of time without observing any notable hassles.